This week we are joined by Sabrina (with a special guest appearance from her mother!) as she demonstrates one of her ultimate go-to meals.
Today we are cooking Tomato Bulgur Pilavi from Sabrina’s cookbook Persiana.
This is a super simple isolation recipe which is a version of a Turkish Pilaf, but using Bulgur wheat.
This recipe utilises ingredients that are versatile, delicious & still available to you during lockdown.
- Bulgur wheat, quinoa or rice
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded & finely diced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Generous knob of butter
- 500ml water or chicken/vegetable stock